Our preschool program is guided by the principles, practice and learning outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework. This framework guides our curriculum decisions and the planning, implementing and evaluation of children’s learning and development. The preschool program is based on our philosophy that children learn through play. Specific learning experiences are provided in response to your child’s interests, strengths and needs.
Early Years Learning Framework
The five learning outcomes provide reference points for us to plan for and also to track children’s learning and development;
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
Documentation is an important part of our work with children and families.
You are able to access your child’s learning and development, and their involvement in the program via:
- Room displays
- Floor book
- Digital portfolio
- Parent teacher interviews
We will give you a copy of your child’s photos at the end of Term 2 and Term 4. Families will need to supply a USB.